Week 1: Home MTC

At the Draper Temple with my mom

Hola amigas! It's my first email as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been at home MTC for about 3 days now. If you are wondering what home MTC consists of the answer is a lot of Zoom meetings. My schedule is to wake up, exercise, do a Zoom meeting with my companions, eat and get ready, and get on a Zoom lesson from 8:30-11:30 then another one from 12-1 and 3-4 and 6-9 that time in between is to eat and to do an hour of language study and an hour of personal study. Let's just say my brain hurts from all the information being crammed in. On the first day, I was able to meet my district and my companions. They are all so devoted to the gospel and I get such great insights from each of them about what we are learning. My companions are named Hermana Hemingway and Hermana Johnson. I am in a trio which I wasn't expecting. It has been fun though, we have really hit it off right away. My district and companions will be the same when I get to the Provo MTC next Wednesday. I am excited to meet them all in person. 

What I always ask missionaries when they come back from their missions is what their craziest moment was. So I will include that in my emails for fun ( if you know Hermana Staub you will see where I got the idea from). We will call them momentos locos meaning crazy moments
Momentos Locos
- Learning Hermana Hemingway went to Highland high school ( I went to the high school in Highland)
- Joking with Hermana Johnson about having to quit our habits of quoting movies that aren't so appropriate for a missionary to be quoting ( hint: She doesn't even go here) and working on our sarcasm
She is so funny!
- Finding out Hermana Hemingway who lives in Salt Lake hasn't seen any of the high school musical movies but lives 3 houses down from Troy's house and Gabriella's house, and worked in St George where the second movie was filmed!
- Hermana Hemingway telling me she's going to come to my farewell on Sunday! Not many people get to see their companions at their farewell.
- My dog refused to leave my side when I tried to get her to leave for my meetings, she growled at my brother trying to pull her out. I think she can sense I'm leaving soon :(
Spiritual Thought
This week I have already learned so much about Christ. I am excited I get to talk about him for my farewell and teach about how much he loves us. My purpose as a missionary is to invite others to come to Christ. He is the one who has redeemed everyone. We are the ones who chose to accept the gift of the atonement. Christ is the answer to every question, the healing for every broken heart, and the strength for every weakness. Through Him, we are able to change. It just starts with faith in Christ. How long will you hold back from Christ?
I invite you to ponder this question and think of ways that you can come closer to Christ in your day-to-day life. 
Alma 7: 10-16
- love Hermana Olson ❤

These are photos from the time I was set apart as a missionary and the week of home MTC:
My family and grandparents at my setting apart.






Morning walks with my mom

Friday Free Frazil run

Dinner with dear friends

GF pizza for lunch

Smoothie bowls

Last morning walk before entering the Provo MTC




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!