Week 5: Speak Your Language

Hola!!!! 

I'm so excited to leave next week on Friday. I can't believe I'm on my last week. I feel like Rapunzel anticipating my travels to the outside world (sometimes it feels like a prison I'm trapped in) same routines, same people. I'm excited to have a change of scenery. Ready for my life to begin (tangled reference). Last p day I was finally able to go to the provo temple! I did an endowment session so I was pretty excited to do that for the first time as a missionary. It was amazing to go through and ponder a little bit in the celestial room about questions and struggles. I encourage you all to continually be going to the temple to remind yourself of the covenants you have made. It was special also because we saw this very old lady go do endowments probably her last time and It was super emotional. She had all her daughters with her holding her up and then out of the temple she was in a wheelchair. We were able to speak with them outside the temple and take some pictures for them. They hugged us and were so loving. Some lived in my stake in my home ward but I had never met them. They knew who Janet Asay was though (so Janet if you are reading this we all love you and you are famous at the temple I guess). We went to the temple again today and did sealing. I had never done sealing before so it was exciting. I was a witness for family sealing. I'm so grateful that I am sealed for all eternity to my family and our family is able to do work so all of my ancestors can be too. I miss my family a lot.
SYL started today which means I can only speak in Spanish and no English besides calls to families. It's crazy!! My brain is going crazy and I am already getting frustrated by not being able to get my point across. But it is great immersion practice. 

I studied charity this week because sometimes it's hard to be nice and Christlike haha. Another thing I suggest you should do if you have time is read the talk by President Nelson Peacemakers Needed. It outlined everything about being kind to others and charity so I definitely suggest reading it. Contention is of the devil so the spirit cannnot preside when contention is present. Remember that you are flawed to so don't be quick to judge. Remember the story of the adulterer. If you are without sin then throw a rock but no one is without sin no one is perfect. We cannot expect people to not make mistakes. 

Sunday I was able to do a great go and do experience about the truth of the Book of Mormon. We are so lucky to have that knowledge In our hands. I feel like sometimes I forget to take advantage of that opportunity to encounter much knowledge. It will tell us how we can gain peace in this life. Read 2 Nephi 33: 1-10. Nephi testifies that he has written this record for us and the words are of great worth. He then outlines why the record is important so I invite you to read it and ponder what you wouldn't know without the Book of Mormon. What revelation have you received from it?

Tuesday we had a devotional by Susan H Porter the Primary President. I know I write too much but I want to share. The question to ponder was… What has helped you face opposition and stand steadfast in your testimony of Christ? Never leave the light of Christ. Remember to not doubt that you don't need to know everything because God knows everything. HE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL KNOWLEDGE. 

The last part of that meeting was so powerful we sang the song I know that my redeemer lives. I had a spiritual experience of feeling that the savior is personal to me. That he lived and died for us all. Read the song and listen to the words!!!! What has Christ given you?
Love you all!!! Keep the emails coming. I love hearing from everyone!

Locos momentos 
  • The guys in our district are crazy one guy does planks everywhere on everything and they all are so wack
  • We are not allowed to speak English so my companion makes noises to get her point across. 
  • The guys complained about taking a picture at the temple.
  • I see Brinley Douglass from byu a lot so that is fun.

Love Adelaide








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!