Week 11: The Prisoner

Once upon a time, there was a young missionary. She was so busy with all of her missionary work that she thought her sore throat was due to constantly singing. The next day she became dizzy and chilled. When she tested herself for the plague she came back positive. Because the other people in the house became scared of catching the plague they trapped her in her room for days. She was given food and water on the floor outside the door but was not allowed to go outside. If you can't tell this missionary is me and yes I am quarantined with covid. I definitely feel like a prisoner in a storybook because I have not been able to leave this room for days. Luckily my companion still feeds me and takes care of me. She is not plagued with covid so she sleeps outside of the room.

Let me tell you, having COVID as a missionary Is very boring. I hope that I can make the best use of all this time stuck in my room. But think about being sick and not able to use your phone or any media. Ahhhh time goes by so slowly. Yesterday, luckily some other companions were half covid so they shut us sick girls in the room and they went and continued the work. I wish I could be working. I am not sick enough to be in bed all day.
But this happened on Saturday so I had a great week before that. On Tuesday we had a district council that my companion led the training for. She is such an amazing missionary. She taught us all about the importance of efficient working instead of just working to work. She talked about goal setting, certain approaches and many different things. We then taught a few lessons and taught English class.

Wednesday- My companion got the chance to go to the temple in Newport for her halfway point in her mission. The San Diego temple is closed so it was a whole day trip. I companioned with sister Palmer who is an English missionary in Sweetwater California. We did some studies and then tried to visit her people. One house we went to smelled so bad of dogs 🐕and there were five dogs we van smell from outside of the door. I don't think they had ever been bathed. As we knocked on the door I looked over and there were two ducks 🦆drinking water which was so funny. This was a fenced-in house. Then I looked over and I saw four chickens🐓. How had I missed all these animals? Then as we were leaving sister Palmer pointed out two giant tortoises 🐢. Closest thing to a zoo I have seen here. Then we went tracting. Tracting in English work is so different than Spanish. I have never been bashed so much and slammed the door on. And people got so mad we were offering prayers. It was a crazy day

Thursday- we fixed up our car because it needed its oil changed and went to lunch with the senior missionaries in our district. I love them so much. I am sad they have to leave this week. 

Friday- this was a special day we did a women's conference which meant all the women in the mission got together and had a conference. We talked about stepping forward and being a force in the mission. I'll share some things I got out of that meeting. 
I think the biggest thing I got out of it was the difference between divine discontent and devils discouragement
The first propels us and stretch us...
The second one stops us and gives us false expectations for ourselves. The lord doesn't want us to be perfect right now. He loves effort consistency and steadfastness. No matter what we do if we do it with Christ we are good enough cause he will enable us. Perfection will come as we are diligent and progress bit by bit. Christ magnifies our efforts as we are yoked to him. Matt 10:39

This is getting long if you want to hear more email me and I will gladly share everything I learned with you.
Then I drove to the Mormon battalion to go perform in an event called the Inspire event. I got to sing three songs with my companion and it was super fun. I was worried I wouldn't get to perform on my mission but I am performing constantly. I was supposed to sing in church yesterday, but ya know COVID changed that. The event is on the Come unto Christ in San Diego Facebook page if you want to watch it. I am in a pink dress. (embedded video below)


Thank you for all the love and support. I always appreciate emails and knowing how everyone is doing (especially as I am trapped and yearning for entertainment)

Love you all
Hermana Olson




COVID stinks


Sister's Training. I'm in the back in a green dress





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!