Weeks 9-10: I've been here a Month!!

Hola everyone! I am sorry I didn't send an email last week. I was soooo busy and the day ended before I got the chance. I barely was able to buy my groceries. The wife of our mission president asked me and my companion to sing in an outdoor church event. When we agreed to it we didn't know we'd be singing three songs! It's OK though we are excited to spread the spirit through music. I was there at the mission office for most of my p day practicing with the guitarist and accompanist. Before that our district went on a hike up a hill. (see pics below) 

I am sooo busy. We have 6 people we put on baptismal date which is so exciting. This means we need to constantly be teaching them and staying in contact as well as teaching our other friends. Let's just say I have never been more tired in my life. I think my mind is just dying from the language switch. I need suggestions for how to stay awake in personal study. I fall asleep even when I am in uncomfortable places or cold or anything. I think my mind needs more than 8 hours of sleep right now. 

It is so HOT right now in El Cajón the moment me and my companion stepped out of our car we were surrounded by heat. It literally felt like an oven. My companion is from Alaska so she melted. I don't think I have ever been that hot it got up to 105° F.

In the last email I told you guys how I got a new companion. I am learning so much from her. She helps me to make and keep goals and be a better missionary. Of course it's hard sometimes but she is a fire missionary and I'm so glad she is my trainer now. It's hard to be the new missionary though, and at times I don't feel adequate enough to be here, but I just try to stay as busy as possible and crush those thoughts. Satan really tries to get in your head when you are doing God's work.

Like I was saying we have 6 people on baptismal date. 
1,2
 We have Marie and Simon their first language is Haitian but they also have learned spanish from places they've lived. They are kind and have a testimony of the gospel. Marie actually has a testimony of the first vision because she prayed about the truth of it. She lights up when we talk about it. They are both excited to get baptized because they know the importance.
3,4
Jacqueline and Lenny. Jacqueline is a mom of two kids Lenny, her 8 year old and her baby Elena. She has a husband who Is an member named Christian. He is working to get the priesthood so he can baptize his family. 
5
Felix. He is a young adult who wants to be on the right path. We told him that we can help him work up to baptism.
6
This one was a miracle person. We got a call from a girl named Aimee who is a member and she said her mom wanted to learn more about the church so that they can be together forever. We were so excited to hear of that desire so we went over and taught her the restoration. She loved it and wanted to follow Christ so we put her on date to work towards her baptism. The daughter, Aimee, teaches with us and it is so cool.
Last Sunday almost all of our friends came to church and my heart was so full of joy when they walked into the building. I knew God was proud they made that choice. I have so much love for each of my friends.

The mission is amazing. You feel so much love for each of God's children. GOD LOVES HIS CHILDREN. Because he loves his children he has given us this gospel to help us along the way. I am re-reading the Book of Mormon right now and it's so cool because now that I am a missionary I see everything in a different light. The Book of Mormon is such a wonderful gift from God. I invite you to read at least a verse a day of the Book of Mormon. If you do you will be protected and receive guidance.

 

Locos momentos
  • So I got hit in the back by this kid with autism at a friend's house and had a real scare about my back. It hurt bad for days and my rib was all bruised so I need to go to a sports medicine doctor to push the rib back in.
  • We had tacos at el cilantro and it was muy Bueno
  • My Stl (Sister Training Leader) got me a stuffed animal because I didn't have one and she said I needed one haha.
  • My mom bought me two packs of Dr pepper zero cream sugar from Walmart Grocery Pickup, which was amazing.
  • To keep awake I suck on jolly ranchers
  • Me and my companion almost got hit by this van who was behind us and sped up into our lane to merge. She pressed the brakes hard and we swerved. Californians are crazy drivers.
  • I get distracted by all the dogs here. There are so many dogs! I want to pet them all but it also makes me miss my dog
  • I tried to be a good social media missionary and post so I did and got bashed so hard and hate comments so be careful where you post haha
  • We saw a giant tarantula on our hike. That was the biggest spider I have seen in the wild.
  • We traded an orange for two Popsicles with an ice cream cart guy and it was a miraculous event because we were sooo hot. (God is good)
  • Me and my companion have 14 bug bites on each foot from this one friends house.
  • We went to this one Spanish market and got snowcone thingys but we didn't notice this guy who apparently was in line and he left and came back and got really angry at us.
  • …If you saw a weird post on Facebook that was a definite accident on my part.











  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

    week 41: Mi regresé!!!

    week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!