Week 14: Too Fancy

Hola it's me Hermana Olson from Boujlandia. I feel very fancy today we went and got manicures and Thai food. I would not have expected to get my nails done on my mission as my back was being massaged. Our apartment is nice too it has vaulted ceilings and lots of space for me and my companion. Also, the members here are saints. They never let us pay for groceries and we are constantly getting them bought for us. We are so lucky.

How was general conference for everyone? I watched the sessions at a member's house and the church. There were so many good talks! I love that we can receive so much revelation through conference. 

As I said, we watched Conference at a member's house. They live in Rancho Sante fe in a mansion! No kidding it felt like I was at Mount Vernon in Washington DC. These members were the nicest people ever. They wanted us to feel at home at their house. I really enjoyed watching 2 sessions with a family. It reminded me of home when we'd gather on the couch and watch conference while we ate food and snacks, and I took notes. I watched one session in Spanish at the church with two Spanish members and my head hurt so much after just two talks. Honestly, I checked out, so I'm going to re-listen to those. 

This week I was able to go on an exchange with some sisters in Poway, CA. I loved it there. It was a cute pioneer town with beautiful scenery. I felt amazing with those girls and it built me up. For lunch, we went and got crepes, which I was very excited about because they had gluten-free crepes. And of course, we worked very hard as well, but I was full of joy.

I'm going to let you know right now that going on a mission is not easy, even when living in a nice apartment with nice people buying your groceries. It breaks you down to try and refine you into a better person. I feel like Satan is really trying to get me to quit, but I still keep fighting. But the one thing I have learned during this experience is that you are never alone in the refining fire. I was thinking about the story of One Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. They were doing everything right and then they were thrown into the fire but when the king looked into the fire he saw that there were 4 men, not 3. Christ is standing right next to us in the fires of life. But he doesn't leave us there he will help us to get out. My favorite quote from general conference was from the talk by Joaquin a Costa. He said, "faith is knowing that Christ is on the boat during the storm". We are never alone in our afflictions.

I love you all!!
Hermana Olson 

Pics from the companion exchange day...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!