Week 15: Press Forward

Hola everyone! 

First, it's pday! My district and I went on a beautiful hike (called Annie’s Canyon Trail near Solana Beach). It reminded me a bit of home in Utah, because it had a small slot canyon to go through and felt like the desert until you got to the lookout. I do miss my mountains, and I've heard the fall leaves are beautiful. But the ocean is definitely beautiful too.

This week has been crazy and full of miracles. We always go to this area called Solona Beach where most of our “friends" live. It is difficult to find new “friends" because people here already have their own religion. (I’m glad they believe in God, but I would definitely like to share the additional testament of Christ with them through the Book of Mormon). But the church members here have helped us so much, and are always eager to step in and serve, whether that means coming to a lesson, feeding us, or buying groceries for us. (We are blessed.)

(Miracle) We finally found “friends" to teach. One of them, Carmen, is actually on date for baptism now. She came to church yesterday too, which was awesome. Also we brought a member to a lesson, where Carmen explained her employment situation. That member hopped on it and found her a job the next day. It was a miracle and such a blessing. Please pray that Carmen can understand the lessons fully. Our other “friends” are an entire family, Riccardo, Josephine and Riccardo Jr. Jimenez. We offered a prayer to bless their family and they asked us to come back. So, we have been teaching the parents and their 17 year old son. The dad told us that when we knocked on his door that it was an answer to a prayer for him. He needed God in his life and then we appeared. They have been super receptive. They also came to church yesterday. Each of them had fellowshippers to take them to classes and help them to feel welcome, which is a miracle in and of itself. I am grateful for the members willingness to welcome people to the ward. Please pray for the Jimenez family as they ponder about getting baptized. Yes, there are times when we face rejection but the times we find new “friends” makes it all worth it. 

I have been reading the scriptures and noticing how the missionaries in the book of mormon like Ammon and the sons of Mosiah went through some of the same experiences as I am because it is the same message that we are sharing.  Likewise, as Jesus's disciples taught others the teachings of Jesus, they were often rejected. Even Jesus was rejected. My experiences remind me of the scripture Alma 26: 27
 "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.”

There are times when life gets hard and we want to turn back but as we continue to press forward and bear all of these challenges with patience, God will help us have success. We wanted to go home and not be out “finding” but since we pressed forward, God helped us find those people.

Love you all I have appreciated the emails!

-love Hermana Olson

Pictures
Me at the ocean
Family we are teaching 
Church invite
Picture I drew
Hike pictures














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!