Week 20: Divine DNA

Hey everyone! 

Life is crazy here in missionary life and I had two special visitors;) My mom and dad were in San Diego so they came and had lunch with me (we had permission of course). It was amazing to see them! I almost knocked over my mom when I ran to hug her. She brought a bunch of my Christmas presents with them so I have presents just waiting till Christmas. I am having a great time. 

Today for pday we went and biked Coronado, an island off San Diego. Me and my district biked on the beach and around the island.

We had zone conference this week and I had the opportunity to sing. It was really great it was all themed on the plan of salvation. There was one speaker, the president of the Mormon Battalion, who talked about the beginning and the end of the plan of salvation the two book ends are what he called them, before life and afterlife. We are all divine sons and daughters of a deity. Just think about that you are a son or daughter of God. This means that you have divine DNA. We have the DNA with the potential to become gods and goddesses but we can just do nothing with that potential we need to grow that potential and become. He explained it in a way that if there was someone with the potential to be an NBA basketball player he would still have to practice to be that good. We need to constantly be becoming so we can grow that potential. The second bookend was about life after death we know that because of the resurrection of Christ we can be resurrection and because of God's mercy those who didn't have the chance to hear and choose God will have the opportunity after death. And after judgment, every single one of us will receive a kingdom of glory that is greater than we can ever imagine. Either the glory of the sun the moon or the stars because God loves his children and never wants anyone to live an eternity miserable in hell. I am so grateful that I can have knowledge of a plan of redemption happiness and salvation. 

On Friday I also performed in the Inspire event again at the Mormon Battalion. It was more choral-style music this time. We had a friend come and she made me a scarf which was so cute! 

Everyone has been feeding us which I am so grateful for but I definitely gained some pounds haha. 
Sunday we had church and there was a member of the stake who talked about the good Samaritan story. I was surprised though because he took it in a different direction. He pointed out that the good Samaritan took the injured guy to an inn to be cared for. Our church needs to be prepared to care for those that those good Samaritans bring. I loved how he talked about the care we need to show to those who come through the church doors. I invite you to strive to be like the innkeeper who cared for the sick man and cared for those in need who walk in the doors at church. Also, remember who you are and where you want to go. Think Celestial as President Nelson says! 

Love you all!❤️

Sister Olson











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!