Week 57: transfers
Well I received transfer News! I'm going back to my first area el cajon which I am so excited about!!! It's a full circle moment. Other News my Brother Spencer is officially married! They had an amazing wedding and I got to join in cardboard form and call in to give a speech over the phone! This week was awesome, so many amazing people and Miracles!
Monday: We had the most amazing zone pday Olympic style. We all had different teams and competed in challenges to see who would win. We wore similar colors And it was fun to squirt water, hop to rock paper scissors, and throw eggs. Most of all it was amazing to be in the zone. That night we met a guy named Gary on the pier who once served a mission but was inactive because of his gender preferences. He told us the importance of trying to be like Jesus Christ and having him in our countenance which I loved. He shared so many pieces of wisdom and how to be good missionaries by loving the people. After we had an amazing lesson with this girl named Mariann! The crazy thing is we got to her house and she said she knew that I had visited her house before and she knew my face but I knew I had never been there in my life even on exchanges. I wondered if God gave her some sort of dream but she welcomed us in. She also shared how she was gluten and dairy sensitive because of stomach aches and I was able to relate with her!!
Tuesday: We had our last district council. We shared our testimonies and favorite memories. After we all went and got thai food together. We had a miraculous Lesson with Alejandra for the first time. She shared that she had felt the spirit every time she walked past the church building and knew she wanted To go inside. She said she felt that she was meant to stay here so we invited her to be baptized! She agreed to pray about a date! That night my companion and I helped teach English class and give a church tour!
Wednesday: We had many lessons on wednesday with some of my favorite people ever!!!! Nashelli and Mariann the cute Beltran family and Jose Bautista who told us his actual name was miguel. It was embarrassing because when I taught him about baptism I called John the Baptist ( Juan el Bautista) Jose el Bautista. We had a good laugh after that one.
Thursday: Was a normal study day with weekly planning. That night we visited Estella and her family. She has a son with special needs who explained how he relied on God during his kidney surgery and that brought me to tears.
Friday: My favorite it's Yoga with Robby! We decided to join this free morning yoga group and we have made many friends through it and it's good for the mind. That night we did some visits. That night we had a lesson with Jaime which was so fun he said he was buying us stuff at starbucks and we were worried he would buy us coffee but he doesn’t drink coffee!! It was amazing he bought us treats and we talked all about our church and he loved everything!
Saturday: The day of Spencer's Wedding. Not going to lie, I definitely wanted to be there. Luckily I got to FaceTime to be a part of it for just a bit! After we had music practice for a duet I'm singing on Tuesday! We called many people and invited them to church and had a church tour to end the night.
Sunday: Our friend Miguel Bautista and Aaron came to church!!! They both loved it! We had a stake coordination meeting at 7:30 so we were so tired Throughout the day. I felt like I was sleepwalking. In the morning after the meeting we had a pancake breakfast with Nashelli and her kids. She has the cutest puppy and I am going to miss them. After Church we visited our friend Maribel! She started meeting with us after we explained the spirit world. This time her attitude towards us was excited and she brought her book of mormon. We went over the first half Of the plan of salvation and loved the hope it brings. The rest of the day was visits and knocking.
My spiritual thought is from Alma 5: 14
We want to try to be like Christ and do everything to have him in our countenance. People will be able to feel his light through us.
Love you all
Hermana Olson
Comments
Post a Comment