Week 58: Back into the Drawer
Hello everyone!! As I said last week I was transferred! Transfers happened last Wednesday and I returned to El Cajón which was actually where I started my mission exactly one year ago. Kinda a full circle moment. El cajon in Spanish literally Means the drawer. It's a lot hotter and sketchier than my last area. It's been so fun to be back in my old area but it's definitely different than before. This week was full of miracles that me and my new companion couldn't believe!!
My new companion is named sister Shelton! She is a sweetheart and she is from Alamosa, Colorado. She loves Fishing and Dogs and her family. We have laughed Our heads off together and are having a blast. She is four months In so it's so fun to have a new perspective and motivation!
Monday: P- day we went with some of the sisters in our zone to Marvin's Breakfast place! It was so good!!! I had chilaquiles and it was incredible. After we called family and then had olive garden for Elder Welshs last meal with us cause he was finishing his Mission. It was kinda nostalgic to be back in an olive garden because I worked there for so long. That night we had another Amazing lesson with Marvin and we brought A member that was able to relate to him. We taught a powerful lesson full of the Holy Ghost.
Tuesday: We had departing testimonies from the missionaries leaving. I sang in Departing testimonies a duet With a violin and piano accompaniment . It's such a cool way to testify and bring the spirit into a room and I'm grateful God gave me talents to do that. After we went with our district to get tacos at my favorite taco place. That night I spent a lot of time packing to move to my next place. We had English class and 4 new friends showed up! We gave them a tour of the church after!
Wednesday: TRANSFER DAY! I had to pack all of my stuff into the car and be to the mission office at 8:30 in the morning! Seeing my past companions was like seeing family. Sister Maravilla has been in the valley so I haven't seen her in a long time so I jumped for joy when I saw her and we gave each other the biggest hug! After I packed my car into my next companions Area el cajon and we headed off. Then we had to unpack everything. I was so tired…. We had a lesson with Hermencia who's husband is in Alaska and she had suffered strokes but relied on God. That Night we visited Veronica, a person I had found when I was here exactly a year ago. What broke my heart though was that the son I had been teaching as a teenager was in jail when I came back. I held her crying and it was so sad but amazing to be with her again. God works in mysterious Ways.
Thursday: We had lunch with Sister Maravilla and her New Companion Sister Olsen!!!!(not me) Then We had a lesson over the phone with this crazy guy and I tried to explain the whole plural marriage thing. He kept saying he wanted one good women and apparently from the text messages I recieved after that good women was me (so disgusting) We read scriptures with a new member and I played with her dog goofy. After we encouraged an inactive member to return so She can go back into the temple. It hurts my heart to see people turn away from the church after they have seen the blessings and made covenants in the temple. I bet it would heart Gods heart as well
Friday: We weekly planned in McDonald's with our diet cokes then went and visited friends to invite them to church. One of the visits was to one of my good friends when I was here. Her daughter and her had cared for us and took us out to eat a year ago And I got to see them again. Aimee Her daughter is a member but herendida isn't a member but when I was here she wanted to be baptized. We talked to her about returning to the church to feel of the spirit. She was so happy to see me again and said she wanted to go back to church and be taught again. GOD IS SO GOOD!!
Saturday: My companion and I spent the whole day visiting people to try to bring them to church. We made calls and went in person. One lesson that stuck out was our lesson with Jules! He Is a CSI, FBI agent who believes In God but has different beliefs then other churches he has been to. Apparently though he believes in all of the things we believe that might seem off to others. When I was talking to him I was pretty nervous. He was on the edge of turning Into a basher If I said something he didn't agree with but I told him what we believed in and he loved everything that he considered checking out church.
Sunday: Juan and Hermencia came to church which was incredible. Juan walked 30 min to come to English class before church and stay for the church service. We introduced him to the book of Mormon and he was flipping through it all of the church service. please Pray for him he has A hard life living away from his wife and kids who are in ecuador. Hermencia Came to church and after to a ward lunch at the Servins house with the best carne asada and then the baptism of the elders friend right after. Herendida Didn't come because of a headache so us and some members went over and gave her a blessing.
We were so blessed to find so many people and I know here the field is white all ready to harvest. There are so many prepared People and I'm excited to be back here a year after to help my friends come closer to Christ.
Love you all
Hermana Olson








Comments
Post a Comment