Week 65:

 Hi everyone!!!! Hope everyone had a great week!!!

Monday: We had p-day and it was a very chill p-day because our district has been sick so we didn't do much. Sister Sauer and I went shopping for groceries and then got an everbowl (I make every companion try it!) I also worked on signing up for all my classes for BYU! CRAZY, it's definitely stressing me out a little to go back but I still have a bit till the end of my mission (2 months 😳)
That night we had a lesson with a inactive member family. The two little girls were so funny during that lesson 🤣 they would poop their diapers and then laugh and run away it was pretty chaotic until we showed them a cartoon video about jesus. Their mom also isn't a member so we were able to teach her.
Tuesday: We had district council but because some of our district members were sick so we joined another district. We talked about how the book of Mormon answers questions of the soul. Its super cool to study more in depth the book of mormon. We then went as a district to get mexican food. That afternoon we had our lesson with our friend Carlos (we call him golden carlos because we are taching like 4 other Carlos’) we taught him the restoration and he loved it. He already loves the book of Mormon and Loves the fact that we have prophets! Now you understand why we call him golden!!!! 😇🪙That night I taught english class and one of the people who came wanted a tour of the church. He says next time he wants to ask a bunch of questions about Joseph Smith so that sounds exciting 😬
Wednesday: We had a Zone Conference which I always Love because I get to see old comps and districts. It's like seeing family again! The theme of this transfer that we have been focusing on is the Book of Mormon. I've definitely learned a lot about it and the history of it I didn't know about.
 Wednesday night we had a ward activity which was pretty cute. The primary had turned the gym to look like an airplane and they went all out with Flight Attendants with uniforms and microphones. The story was we all were going to hawaii Then we all apparently Died on the plane in a crash✈️💺🧳 so they did a program to explain the afterlife and the plan of salvation. It was super cute. ⭐️🌙☀️

Thursday: We had some good parts and bad. We thought we had interviews that day so we drove all the way there tp realize it actually was the next day so we felt pretty silly after that. Then We did weekly planning in the church and some guy jumped to look at us in the window. Which is weird. We then heard him enter the building which freaked us out for sure then he left. He seemed not mentally well though cause he was wearing large headphones and just didn't seem to understand what was going on. Freaky though 🫣
 After that we had an amazing lesson with Grisel and she is starting to open up more to the ideas we share. Then We ended off the night with a family we have been teaching. They fed us dinner which was actually pretty spicy (i can say that cause even the daughter said it was really spicy) the chilis were hotter than usual apparently🌶 We invited one of them to be baptized but she isn't feeling like itd the right time yet. Please pray for her! Her name is Keyla! We had a great lesson about our divinity as children of God and where we came from.

Friday: It was my companion's birthday! I set up her desk with some presents and surprised her with balloons and decorations her favorite color is purple so everything was purple!💜🎉I'll put a video in this email. I think she loved it. I hope she felt my love for her. That morning We had a great lesson that morning with our friend ivet! We then had interviews with our president. He always has so much wisdom to share and things for me to learn. That night most of our lessons were canceled which sucked for sure! However that night we had a good lesson about temples and the power of faith with a new member family and their mom who isn't a member which was great!
Saturday: I had a huge Headache and was super tired and dizzy.🤕🫨 I tried going out but I couldn't really stand for long so my companion and I did a short exchange so she could go out and work as I rested😴. I still have the headaches but they aren't as bad.
Sunday: Had stake conference and Golden Carlos came!!!! We visited a lot of people that night but no one answered the door or said they weren't interested. We kept looking for someone though. I felt that there still was someone God was wanting us to find. As we got to the top of this hill I felt certain there was a family waiting there but they weren't interested which broke my heart a bit. I prayed and asked why God led us there and it was getting late and maybe we should just go home. I then felt impressed to try one more to show God I was putting my all into the work. That next house we found the miracle we were praying for. We knocked on the door and there was this huge dog barking and hitting the door really hard. I thought he might eat me. Then a guy came to the door and we asked for our friend. He said she wasn't home and we asked if we could share a message with him and to our surprise he said yes. We shared a message about the atonement of Jesus Christ and now he wants us to come back. I know God will bless us when we put in all of our effort and work till the last second. This is his work not mine. I love you guys so much I hope you had a great week. Please continue praying for all of these friends!🙏
Love 🩷
Hermana Olson




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18: New Hair, New Me!!

week 41: Mi regresé!!!

week 17: Ummm...Where is our car?!